Privacy statement - Use of www.bdo.dk
BDO Statsautoriseret Revisionsaktieselskab, CVR no. 20222670, is a member of BDO International Ltd., a UK company limited by guarantee, and forms part of the worldwide network of independent legal entities, each delivering services under the name of ”BDO”.
BDO is an international network of independent public accounting, tax and advisory firms (the ”BDO Network”) which perform professional services under the name of BDO (“BDO Member Firms”). BDO International Ltd. (“BDOI”) is a UK company limited by guarantee. It is the governing entity of the BDO Network.
Each of BDOI and the BDO Member Firms is a separate legal entity and has no liability for another entity’s acts or omissions. Nothing in the arrangements or rules of the BDO Network shall constitute or imply an agency relationship or a partnership between BDOI and the Member Firms.
The website ”www.bdo.dk” is owned and managed by BDO Statsautoriseret Revisionsaktieselskab.
The other country-specific versions or specific sites, which can be accessed via www.bdo.dk, are delivered by the relevant BDO Member Firms or related entities, who are responsible for them, and accordingly are not the responsibility of BDO Statsautoriseret Revisionsaktieselskab.
2. Privacy statement
This Privacy Statement (referred to as ”Privacy Statement") applies solely to the website ”www.bdo.dk”, delivered by BDO Statsautoriseret Revisionsaktieselskab (referred to as "we", "us", "our" or "BDO").
This Privacy Statement does not apply to the different separate websites to which the website may redirect you, and other country-specific versions or specific sites delivered by the relevant BDO Member Firms or related entities. We encourage visitors to these websites to review the privacy statements of those other websites before disclosing personal data.
This Privacy Statement covers the information that BDO is under an obligation to give to the data subjects according to Article 13 of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
3. BDO’s collection of personal data via www.bdo.dk
When you visit www.bdo.dk, we will collect personal data on you when you:
- Subscribe to any of our newsletters,
- Register to attend an activity or event,
- Contact us to request further information, and
We collect only the information we require to process your request or provide a service. We will normally only ask for further information if we need the information to give you the best possible response to your inquiry. When you accept processing of your personal data we will collect only the personal data to which you have specifically given your consent.
4. Purpose of and legal basis for the processing of your personal data
The purposes of our processing of your personal data when you visit www.bdo.dk are to:
- Identify you and create a profile on you when you register with us to use our services or request in-formation from us,
- Confirm your identity when you subscribe for a newsletter, register for an event or contact us,
- Communicate with you regarding the services and information we provide,
- Deliver, improve and adjust our services by analysing data on your use of our website to understand how people use our website, so that we can make it more intuitive,
- Manage your inquiries and requests,
- Comply with the legal obligations we are under and cooperate with supervisory and law enforcement authorities,
- Contact you for the purpose of marketing and offerings for products and services, offered by us, where you have selected marketing,
- Adjust marketing messages we send to you and make them more relevant and interesting by analysing information on the services and the information you receive in order to suggest other information that may interest you, and
- Exercise our legal rights where necessary, such as to detect violations of legislation.
The legal basis of our processing of your personal data is the following provisions:
- Article 6 (1)(a) GDPR: the data subject has given consent to the processing of his or her personal data for one or more of the above specified purposes,
- Article 6 (1)(f) GDPR: Processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by BDO.
Our legitimate interests are among others to understand how you use our services and our website and to extract knowledge to help us develop our services.
5. Categories of personal data
We do not require you to register to get access to www.bdo.dk, but if you participate in any of the activities or services available at www.bdo.dk, we will collect the personal data we require to deliver these services. If you do not provide the information we require for the registration, it may prevent or delay our delivery of the services.
The categories of personal data we process on you are common personal data covered by Article 6 GDPR. We collect the following personal data, depending on how you use our website:
- Contact details, such as your name, address, job title, email address, postcode, company name and telephone number,
- IP address and information about your interests,
- Information related to the services we deliver, such as information about your requests, questions or complaints.
6. Disclosure and passing on of personal data
BDO discloses personal data to data processors in connection with the operation of www.bdo.dk.
BDO passes on personal data to the following categories of recipients:
- Personal data are passed on to providers of analysis and marketing tools and social media,
- Public authorities, where required according to a court order, writ of summons or according to other legal requirements.
As a result of sale, merger, combination, change of control, transfer of assets, reorganisation or liquidation of our business (reorganisation), we may transfer, sell or pass on your personal data to the entity which, as a result of this reorganisation takes over or becomes responsible for the part(s) of our business processing your personal data according to this Privacy Statement.
7. Transfer of personal data to third countries
We may transfer your personal data to other Member Firms in the BDO Network (for example in connection with insights into clients or optimisation of services) provided this is in agreement with the basis for our collection of your personal data.
BDO uses data processors resident in non-EU and non-EEA countries. We transfer the personal data required for using the systems of the individual data processors. Moreover, your personal data are passed on to other data controllers resident in non-EU and non-EEA countries and your personal data therefore are transferred.
The transfer of your personal data to recipients outside the EU or EEA will always be based on a valid transfer basis either in the form of a decision made by the Commission on the adequacy of the level of protection, see Article 45 GDPR, or in the form of standard data protection clauses, see Article 46 GDPR.
8. Retention of your personal data
Where requests are made to BDO via the website www.bdo.dk, we will retain your contact details for six months from the day you send the request. After six months we will delete or anonymise the personal data we have registered when you made the request.
When you register for an event via NemTilmeld, we will retain your personal data and information on the event for one year after the event has taken place. After this date all information on your participation in the event will be deleted.
When you subscribe for newsletters, we will retain your personal data as long as necessary considering the purpose of sending news, etc. to you and as long as necessary to comply with our legal obligations.
9. Your rights
You are entitled to exercise certain rights in relation to our processing of personal data on you in accordance with Articles 15 to 18 and Articles 20 to 21 GDPR. The rights are:
- Right of access to your data
- Right to rectification of your data
- Right to erasure of your data
- Right to restriction of processing of your data
- Right to object to processing of your personal data
- Right to data portability.
You can exercise these rights by sending an email to [email protected] We will consider all such requests in accordance with applicable data protection legislation and other legislation.
10. Contact and complaint
If you wish to complain of BDO’s processing of personal data, you can send your complaint to Risk & Compliance in BDO Statsautoriseret revisionsaktieselskab, either by ordinary letter to Kystvejen 29, 8000 Aarhus C or by email to [email protected] We will consider your complaint and return with our response.
You are entitled to and can at any time make a complaint to Datatilsynet (the Danish Data Protection Agency) of BDO’s processing of personal data. The complaint must be filed with Datatilsynet, Carl Jacobsens Vej 35, 2500 Valby, e-mail: [email protected]
You are welcome to contact us by email to [email protected] if you have any questions in relation to this duty of disclosure.