Technology's balancing act: 10 tech predictions for 2019
04 January 2019
Original content provided by BDO United Kingdom
Over the past year, tech companies have been at the centre of attention on a national and global stage—at the receiving end of a dizzying array of political, economic, and social changes.
Whether it’s dealing with a growing number of regulations, or bolstering up data privacy measures in response to heightened scrutiny, the industry now faces several critical questions.
How can tech companies…
- Encourage experimentation, while mitigating risk?
- Balance the need for speed with thoughtful deliberation?
- Fuel growth in global markets with increasingly protectionist sentiments?
- Ensure the continued protection of sensitive consumer data?
- Respond to public concerns of potential job losses due to new technologies?
- Navigate the growing complexity of national and global laws and regulations?
In other words, how can tech companies scale sustainably without sacrificing their business goals and ambitions?
How the industry responds will dictate its fate in the years to come.
Here are 10 trends that will likely shape tech in 2019 and beyond.