BDO Horizons 2020 - Issue 2
06 May 2020
Original content provided by BDO
BDO’s quarterly global mid-market M&A review.
Each quarter we analyse global mid-market deal activity across a number of major regions and selected sectors around the world; we offer you a satellite view of how the M&A market is evolving – and where it appears to be heading.
It includes expert commentary on recent trends, predictions for the coming year and forecasts of sector activity through our heat chart which predicts the most active sectors for company sales. Whether you are active on the buy or sell side or just alert to the latest opportunities, Horizons will provide you with invaluable insights into where and why investment is flowing, giving you more of the mid-market knowledge and insight you need.
In issue 2 of 2020 we take a close look to an M&A world heavily impacted by COVID-19. Just as we thought, back in January, things were set to improve, that mini-recovery all but collapsed with a level of completed deals not seen since 2009. As a global organisation with operations in most countries, we have been able to see how COVID-19 has affected sectors and regions differently by keeping in regular touch with our colleagues. This issue brings you up to date commentary on deal activity levels, active sectors and regions and provides in-depth analysis on potential activity in the next few months.
- Global view – M&A activity across the world heavily impacted by COVID-19
- Special feature – With deals on lockdown, is it time for distressed M&A?
- North America – COVID-19 wreaks havoc on North American economy and M&A
- Latin America - M&A activity hit hard by global pandemic and fall in oil prices
- UK & Ireland –M&A stalls as lockdown and uncertainly impact deal making environment
- China – M&A activity sees sharp falls as lockdown slows economy
- Agri-Food & Drinks – M&A outlook during and post COVID-19
- Manufacturing – Hitting a brick wall: COVID-19’s impact on Manufacturing M&A
In a global market of bewildering activity and endless choices, we provide some of the context necessary to navigate it. And in this particular edition, we have also provided links to a BDO tool summarising governmental and institutional measures put in place across the globe to palliate the impact of the pandemic in the economy. Click here for access.